January 28, 2022
Pastor and the Author of Forgiving the Nightmare Mark Sowersby joins this episode and talks about:
- The 3 things he's always known and been reminded.
- The ways people celebrate, forms of celebration, seasons of celebration and how it impacts people.
- The different expressions of life.
- Having Dyslexia and writing a book.
- The moment God put on his heart to write a book and the person who gave him the title.
- The encouragement he got to go to Bible college and the woman there who changed his life.
- Leading by serving.
- The nightmare and the scars of his child abuse.
- Coming across "religious" people who told him not to tell his story.
- Wanting to feel a certain way about his abuse and abuser and feeling another.
- The day the abuse stopped and the person who became his defender.
- The right time in his life to meet his Biological father.
- What he felt after becoming a father and trusting the Lord through it.
Connect with Mark on Facebook; the Facebook group Forgiving the Nightmare and www.forgivingthenightmare.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/5sPhyAQPOTY
January 26, 2022
The Authors of "Journey Well: You Are More Than Enough" Byron and Mariah Edgington join this episode and talk about:
- Living in South American and moving back to Iowa to care for Mariah's mother.
- Being "We" instead of "Me."
- "No Mas Nieve" and the deep meaning behind it.
- Awareness being a critical advantage.
- Having a choice and the opportunity of the choice.
- Being in tune with your own belief system.
- The underlying thought Byron had during his career.
- Never knowing the people they would help after the intersection of the moment of time.
- Finding lessons from negative moments in life.
- The value of preparation, not being able to eliminate risk and the elusiveness of perfection.
- Learning to live with negative outcomes.
- The reason their book needed to be published now.
- Ignoring the Inner Critic.
- Gaining and harvesting the gems from past experiences.
- Allowing ourselves the grace to remember that we are all human.
Connect with Byron and Mariah on Linkedin or at www.mariahedgington.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/OSn9lTbnpKA
January 21, 2022
Coach, Trainer and TEDX Speaker Steven English joins this episode and talks about:
- The power of 168 hours.
- Having a Proof of Concept for himself.
- Following his feelings and really understanding his skills.
- The day with his uncle that changed his thinking.
- Honoring the Zone of Genius.
- Finding the thing that lights you up.
- The analogy of vacuuming the carpet.
- What he's discovered about introverts.
- Drinking every day and the routine of it.
- Living at the bar and getting multiple DUI's.
- June 2014 and the moment that changed his life for good 2 years later.
- His palate changing against alcohol and the lesson he learned from it.
- The area of pain under the surface.
- Don't worry about the low.
Connect with Steven on Linkedin at Steven English, PCC or at www.stevenenglish.net
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9PO7QkxnQCM
January 19, 2022
The Host of The Pantry Podcast and US Army Veteran Shea Watson joins this episode and talks about:
- Digging in and meeting people where they are.
- God sifting him through stages.
- Coming down with COVID and thinking he might die.
- How he kept his mind sound.
- Saying the name of Jesus just to try and breathe.
- His podcast born from conversations on the couch with his wife.
- What's been added to his Spiritual pantry.
- The perfect podcast guest.
- The various avenues of his life.
- Overcoming the temptation of drugs and his Ex-wife leaving him.
- Driving 45 minutes to a friend's house and not remembering how he got there.
- Needing to find a church he could walk to.
- The ultimate turning point in March 2014.
- Sitting back in the brokenness and how God sees broken messes.
Connect with Shea at www.thepantrypodcast.com
Watch The Pantry Podcast on their YouTube Channel.
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/Bq4CFSNDBAA
January 14, 2022
Consultant, Mindset Coach and the Author of Less Is The New More Chris Lee joins this episode and talks about:
- The impact of carrying the load.
- The power of staying in the game.
- Needing Laser focus along the way.
- The 2-Minute Rule.
- Parkinson's Law.
- What you really get with less.
- Urgent versus Important and setting correct boundaries.
- The most surprising thing he discovered.
- Losing his Mother suddenly in 2008 and the wake-up call he got.
- Heading down the same path as his Mom.
- The definition of success changing over generations.
- Getting started being the only thing that gets you started.
Connect with Chris on Instagram and Twitter @thatchrislee; Facebook and Linkedin and www.thatchrislee.com.
Pick up your copy of Less Is The New More: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=less+is+the+new+more+chris+lee
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/XwsTm1qKJtk
January 12, 2022
People Development Strategist Elena Pastore joins this episode and talks about:
- The Common Denominator around skill recognition.
- What we truly realize when looking at our strengths.
- Taking other people out of the equation.
- Struggling with external validation.
- Mistaking validation for feedback.
- To every business problem, there is a personal problem.
- What prompts people seeing solutions.
- Her father passing away when she was 8 and growing up a lot through that process.
- What she learns each year about her father and the one question she'd ask him now if she could.
- Knowing the right words to say.
- Not getting in your own way.
Connect with Elena on Linkedin and at www.elenapastore.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/iKWzom9O9mg
January 7, 2022
Author and Leadership Coach Jason Fry joins this episode and talks about:
- Becoming a better Dad through healthy leadership.
- Preparing and working for the opportunity.
- The real fault of a leader.
- The 3 things Leaders need people to know.
- Defining a Healthy leader.
- The #1 thing that's toxic to teams.
- The real reason behind the why and spending too much time on the what.
- What you don't need in the heat of stress.
- His parents divorcing when he was 3 and the impact of his Mom.
- Seeing persistence in his Dad.
- Going to college to be a Preacher and ultimately becoming a Coach.
- His parents showing him a Servant's heart.
- Allowing discomfort to keep him down.
- The reason he climbs mountains and knowing that we will get to the top of the mountain.
Connect with Jason on Instagram and Twitter @CoachJFry; Linkedin or at www.coachjfry.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/LczIn_jbVLw
January 5, 2022
The Author of Health, Healing and Wholeness Tracy Crump joins this episode and talks about:
- Caring for her then 99-year old Mother-in-Law and not being able to give her a 100th Birthday party due to the pandemic.
- The Heart attack that changed everything.
- The Christmas gifts her kids got this year.
- Her Mother-in-Law's impact on her church.
- Her Father-in-Law dying when her husband was a small child.
- Miss Fairsey's famous quote.
- Leaning on the Lord through difficult times.
- Her Mother-in-Law being her biggest supporter of her book.
- The conversation she had with God about her book.
- Being her parents primary caregiver for 6 years.
- Never feeling like you have to do it alone.
- There's no shame in needing a break.
Connect with Tracy on her website www.tracycrump.com and find her book there as well. Connect with her Right Life Newsletter.
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/719gwUm6qFA
December 31, 2021
Keystone Speaker, Virtual Trainer and Thought Leadership Expert Bobby Umar joins this episode and talks about:
- Working 27 straight days.
- The powerful journey of figuring things out.
- Encouraging deliberate storytelling.
- What consists of a good Personal brand.
- Doing a deep dive on ourselves.
- The power of legacy.
- What's on his wall.
- What he doesn't miss telling his kids.
- What's on this wall.
- Finding your Why statement.
- Dealing with weight issues his whole life.
- Getting released from his job for needing time off.
- Almost losing his wife.
- The 2013 post that changed his life.
- The most powerful lesson of his journey.
- His wife's statement that encourages him daily.
Connect with Bobby on Linkedin, Clubhouse and Instagram and at www.raeallan.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/osy64pwGctI
December 23, 2021
Host of the Building Wins Podcast Randy Chaffee joins this episode and talks about:
- The day the world changed for him.
- Making notes of how he’d move forward.
- Ramping up his Virtual presence.
- Doing what no one else was doing.
- What he learned about engagement.
- The call from a customer that’s most memorable to him.
- The correlation of Sports and Sales.
- The power of the right plan.
- Being adopted at 3 days old.
- The lesson he learned at age 9.
- The attention to detail his Dad taught him and the Sales lesson he learned from his Dad.
- Looking for the next step in his life.
- Figuring out how to answer “The Call of the Road.”
- Winning everyday and the question you ask each morning.
Connect with Randy on Linkedin and Facebook; Check out the Building Wins Podcast or www.ibuyfromrandy.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/DBVMxi2tlwA