October 15, 2021
Speaker and Author of "Find Your Fire" Terri Broussard Williams joins this episode and talks about:
- A freak accident causing her own quarantine before the COVID pandemic.
- Being on the Hamster wheel of life and learning rest for the first time.
- Defining the "Great Me-Set."
- The lesson she learned as a child from her Art teacher.
- Three things she learned in injury recovery.
- Being a Teen reporter at 16 and the desire to give people access to information.
- The confusion of skills and traits.
- Firestarters are everyday people.
- Great movements in history.
- The 4 things in her Invisible backpack.
- The impact of her grandparents.
- Always finding ways to turn obstacles into opportunities.
Connect with Terri at her website: www.terribwilliams.com and on Instagram @movementmakercollective
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/DlYvmWz3XRo
October 12, 2021
Author of Apples and Oranges on Your Team Steve Sullivan joins this episode and talks about:
- Understanding the power of words and voicing life into your life.
- Speaking a language of appreciation.
- The real number of the perceived value of external rewards.
- The one action item leaders can implement to build value.
- The analogy of hidden chocolate and his new book.
- What his book is not.
- How he rediscovered storytelling.
- The impact of his writing partner.
- The times of emotion in writing and how to get into the flow of it.
- How his book would've helped him grow as a leader.
- The power of speaking to people.
Connect with Steve on Linkedin and find Apples and Oranges on Your Team at https://www.amazon.com/Apples-Oranges-Your-Team-Life-Giving-ebook
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/XEFLB0ClOqM
October 8, 2021
Entrepreneur, Founder of the Talent Champions Council and Author of the Standing O Book Series Scott MacGregor joins this episode and talks about:
- Life being full of challenges and not catastrophizing things.
- The inspiration of watching people figure things out.
- The bus around the corner.
- The three attributes of top competitors.
- The impetus of the Talent Champions Council and the road trip that inspired it.
- Being a community builder.
- The greatest asset he possesses.
- His strong affinity for the United States Military and the sacrifices of Military families.
- Realizing at an early age he wanted to be successful.
- Getting to know people who've accomplished special things.
- Living in a different world from his family.
- Growing up playing baseball with a Baseball Hall of Famer and what he learned from it.
- Injuring his back before getting to play baseball in college.
- Getting the Swine Flu and discovering a rare, deadly disease that caused a Pacemaker installation.
- Finding the opportunities to build resiliency.
Connect with Scott on Linkedin and Instagram and at www.trysomethingnew.com and www.talentchampionscouncil.com
Find the Standing O Book Series on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=standing+o+book+scott+macgregor&ref=nb_sb_noss
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/k6L3F6-j238
October 5, 2021
Pastor and Author of the book, "The Cave: When Ministry Becomes Misery" Scott Distler joins this episode and talks about:
- The most different time in his life.
- Losing his Dad to COVID-19 and the hymn he sang as his Dad passed.
- The power of a Positive word.
- His book being born out of personal experience.
- Running into a Well-Intentioned dragon.
- The steps that led him into a cave and the shelter of it.
- Having "McEnvy" after an encounter at a McDonald's.
- Spending six months at an Insurance agency to learn lessons he needed.
- The freedom of Personal ministry and having no expectations.
- Always wanting to be a Pastor.
- His wife's influence of "getting him out of the cave."
- Answering a single question each day.
- What became his first priority.
- The reason God uses brokenness and life after the cave.
Connect with Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org and find his book at https://www.amazon.com/Cave-When-Ministry-Becomes-Misery
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/PmY_PR2kCxQ
October 1, 2021
Content Creator, Sales and Leadership Expert Darren McKee joins this episode and talks about:
- Leaning on connections and converting them to friends.
- What is and isn't needed in business.
- The things wrong with Social Media and the influencer that helped him.
- Being "woke" in the midst of the Great Resignation.
- Making content your own.
- The fear of tension and how leapfrogging helps everyone.
- The encouragement around moving to the next level.
- Enjoying school for the camaraderie.
- College not being for him.
- His wife being an incredible encourager.
- Not being geographically tied down.
- Taking a $35K per year pay cut and failing miserably.
- Being real and intentional.
Connect with Darren on Linkedin.
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/LMg7NpX0aXE
September 28, 2021
Entrepreneur and Host of the Recorded Content Podcast Tristan Pelligrino joins this episode and talks about:
- Having the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Accessing talent all over the world.
- Doubling down on his own content.
- The two questions around podcasting.
- How to produce a show to help people.
- The difficulties companies have around Content Marketing.
- Getting to see how big corporations work and finding out he was just a number.
- Not wanting to keep the status quo in one place.
- Making many of the same mistakes in his new company as he did his old company.
- Losing his father in Graduate school and losing a mentor as well.
- How his father would envision his company now.
- Having the ability and desire to pursue the dream.
Connect with Tristan on Twitter @tpelligrino and @motionagencyio on Linkedin and www.motionagency.io and check out the Recorded Content Podcast
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/0l_n8bhqfNg
September 24, 2021
Marketing Consultant, Speaker and Author Jaris Tucker joins this episode and talks about:
- Not doing things in a traditional sense and creating a positive space.
- How his book "Nature Flow" came together and using it as an Exit strategy.
- The definition of great service and being in the right mindset to give great service.
- The one thing that immediately makes service levels better.
- Being responsible for others and taking care of his whole family.
- Getting treated differently as success came his way.
- Learning the value of treating people from having strong parents.
- The stigma of being an entrepreneur when he wasn't seen as one.
- The journey of finding his passion.
Connect with Jaris on Linkedin; email@example.com and follow the hashtag #thinkersatwork
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/8AMJQgY1JB4
September 21, 2021
The Seed Sower Coach Kirk McCarley joins this episode and talks about:
- Doing remote broadcasts with ESPN, behind the scenes of a broadcast and knowing what you can and can't do during a broadcast.
- The genesis of the Seed Sower Coaching program.
- Knowing how to ask good questions.
- Having the ability to read a situation.
- Seeing enough of himself to be inspirational.
- Playing Pee Wee basketball and falling in love with stats.
- The world going dark during an workout and an ensuing Triple-bypass surgery.
- Getting better than he was before.
- The richness of connections.
- Looking at obstacles as a way to find opportunities.
Connect with Kirk on Linkedin and at www.theseedsowercoach.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/p4YXBb5rMg4
September 17, 2021
The Host of the Beyond The Rut Podcast, Jerry Dugan, joins this episode to talk about:
- Taking a job against his nature and finding out why.
- Clarity in the midst of purpose.
- His "Joseph Moment."
- Turning a blog into a podcast and finding podcasting easier than blogging.
- His first podcast and his Co-Host.
- The five circles of life where most people struggle in them.
- His parents meeting overseas and having an arranged marriage.
- Growing up an Army Brat.
- The life-changing moment when he was 11 and the bet involved.
- His Dad becoming suicidal.
- Changing his family's reputation at age 14 and the role his Family Crest played in it.
- The 2 weeks that re-defined his career and his time in Iraq.
- The deal he made with God and the kid that changed his life.
- Life being too short to be stuck in a rut.
Connect with Jerry at www.beyondtherut.com and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Beyond the Rut
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast Channel on YouTube: https://youtu.be/1y3HDZHpfus
September 14, 2021
Business and Attorney Coach Liz Wendling joins this episode to talk about:
- Going back to an old behavior.
- The ability to always land on her feet.
- Getting pitched in the pandemic.
- The inspiration of "AHA" moments and a multitude of surprises around connection.
- Going wide and not going deep.
- The analogy of The Eye Doctor.
- Helping versus Selling.
- Selling in Kindergarten.
- Zigging when others were zagging.
- Her Dad working in a building next to the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
- Stepping into service rather than sorrow.
- Where she goes and what she does when she doubts.
Connect with Liz on Linkedin, Facebook and at www.lizwendling.com
Watch this episode on The Intentional Encourager Podcast YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/oTF5bhEKhcM