Social Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker and Founder of UP Academy Tanya Sheckley joins this episode and talks about:
- Communication and community.
- The guilt of her school being open during COVID when most were not.
- Staying true to their school's mission.
- The inspiration of her oldest daughter and the challenges of finding the right education with her special needs.
- Finding a different way to be inclusive and do education different.
- The 2 ways to start a revolution and the 3 parts of starting their school.
- The conversation she'd have with the Education Director of the United States.
- Selling beer for 10 years and the lessons she learned from it.
- Moving along with where the next thing took her.
- Becoming like the people she surrounded herself with.
- Her daughter's birth without normal function, the battles with doctors and nurses around her care and how to advocate for her.
- Losing her daughter suddenly at age six.
- The different ways of handling grief and having grace and patience through it.
- Trauma changing her brain.
- Her daughter's words that became her biggest piece of Intentional encouragement.
Connect with Tanya on Linkedin and Facebook or go to www.upacademysf.org
Watch this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/INah_gyZWxU